Friday, October 14, 2005

Crazy classes

I just read the funniest blog entry in a while! Mainly because it partially involved me. :-) Fran (who is the new exchange student from NZ who came over here in August) spoke about our "Foreign Relations" class (at http://franincincinnati.blogspot.com) like this, as she was trying to describe what subjects she is taking over here:

"Foreign Relations: Errrr, not really sure, I think it was the War powers but who knows. Katrina and I sat in class panicking today as a very erudite conversation about the consitutional powers of the president to wage war took place around us and Katrina got called on and we both just about died. Had a little chat with Professor Wuerth afterwards and she said she won't fail us if we aren't chiming in every two seconds with things to say thank GOD!!"

Oh, I am laughing so hard right now that tears are practically rolling down my face!!! Thanks Fran! You cheered me up. :-)

So ... if you haven't figured by now ... class has been just a little bit stressful lately. Ugh. Too many assignments. Too much crazy constitutional research. Too many late nights typing up difficult essays until 2am and then getting up again at 6. (Come to think of it, I can't actually remember right now when I last got more than four hours sleep in a night?!)

Then there's been juggling my hours of work at the Courthouse, plus my additional hours working for the Greater Cincinnati Legal Aid Society (another wee "project" that I've been busy with this semester).

Oh well. At least I'm not bored! :-) Today is friday too. The friday before Fall Break! Yay. A week off from classes. HOORAH!

...Not a week off from crazy researching and writing though. Just no additional stuff piling up on my plate until, say, 9am on Monday 24th. :-D I wanted to be able to go and do some sightseeing this break like I did in the Spring (remember New York?!) but the word "impossible" comes to mind with everything due in 10 days time. Sigh.

1 Comments:

At 10:56 AM, Blogger Fran said...

Hee! Pleased you liked it - go parliamentary sovereignty go!! Hope yuor fall break is good, NY was awesome. Went to see Wuerth oday actually and she really liked my paper proposal so feeling better about that class. Hope you got some stress free downtime!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home