Monday, October 31, 2005

Halloween hysteria

I just discovered something quite hilarious. The Courthouse has been offering free metal detector scanning to ensure that there aren't any hidden chunks of metal in some poor unsuspecting kid's Halloween candy!! Oh my god. I can picture it now. All the little fairy and goblin costumed children lining up waiting for the scary 6 foot plus muscle-bound gun-weilding Courthouse guards to snatch their chocolate off them!! Hahaha.

I know that Halloween is supposed to be scary and all, but that is certainly a novel way of adding another level of fear into the mix...

2 Comments:

At 12:20 PM, Anonymous Jake the muss said...

Welcome to the USA. I, being the "little devil" (insert pun) that I am, dressed in a hillbilly set of overalls with no undershirt. Took the chain blade off the chainsaw (good boy, safety first) and then slapped on the classic and my favorite "Jason, Friday the 13th" hockey mask.

Kneeling in the bushes to unsuspecting 4 year olds I proceeded to fire up that gas enduced stinker they call a tree wrecker and went forth chasing my victims down the street (oh yes, parents included).

Do I feel bad? No. That is what Halloween is for...scaring the bajeezus out of little ones (and big ones too). Why do you think they stick santa so close after the day of the dead? Old Saint Nic will sort it out I am sure.

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger Katrina said...

Hahaha, that sounds just like the Jake I know! ;-) Glad to hear you are still going strong with the practical jokes, hehehe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home