Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Doh! forgetful me

I keep forgetting about this whole Thanksgiving deal! I am really hoping that by Thursday morning I will suddenly "feel excited" or something, haha!

Today I popped into the supermarket for some apples and dishwashing liquid. Exciting stuff, I know, but I had run out of both and couldn't survive long without either. :-) Anyway, I forgot that it is less than 48 hours before Thanksgiving Day. Recall what almost all supermarkets are like on or around December 23rd. You know, the day that every person with half a brain keeps as far away as possible from such places?

Well, imagine that level of mayhem - then triple it. :-)

Yeah. NOT a day to be popping into the store for anything less than a giant trolley load of goods, that's for sure!!! (Because you're going to be stuck behind a line full of them anyway, oh joy.)

3 Comments:

At 10:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi again Katrina,

Believe me I sympathise with your supermarket ordeals but my deeper sympathy goes out to all the turkeys out there who are being prepared for all those tables!

Happy Thanksgiving anyway!

Michele M x

 
At 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand the US will consume 54 million Turkeys this weekend. 54 MILLION! Less the two that Georgie pardons.

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Katrina said...

Hi Michele,

Yes, poor turkeys. :-( But as "anonymous" mentioned, President Bush pardons two turkeys a year from being stuffed. (Why? Who knows!!) Anyway... this year's pardoned turkeys are called "Marshmellow" and "Yam".

Hmmmmm ... not sure about the names, though. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home